Critical Infrastructure Protection Conference 2014
VDSM, on behalf of the Government of Sint Maarten, and in consultation with various stakeholders, hosted a conference on June 5-6, 2014, at the Belair Community Center entitled "Critical Infrastructure Protection Sint Maarten: A coordinated approach." The mission of the conference was to increase awareness concerning the importance of protecting critical infrastructure protection, and to stimulate cooperation and communication among the various stakeholders.
During the conference, decision makers and security management professionals from Government, commercial and public sectors had the opportunity to network and share their knowledge of and experiences concerning limiting risks to the critical infrastructure of Sint Maarten protection. The importance of cooperation and a regional approach for protecting critical infrastructure was also highlighted during the conference. Featured speakers included security management professionals from Sint Maarten, Saint Martin, the Netherlands, Aruba, Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago and the United States of America.
Conference participants benefited by:
- Attending a high level conference with leading industry speakers and professionals;
- Learning from experiences and challenges from the infrastructure, security agencies and commercial organizations;
- Gaining insight into national and regional policy and security developments in relation to critical infrastructure protection;
- Engaging in constructive debate, educational opportunities and cooperation advocacy;
- Sharing ides and facilitating in valuable inter-departmental, government and agency cooperation;
- Exchanging information concerning limiting risks to the critical infrastructure when operating on a small scale, being subject to a lack of redundancy and having limited budgetary resources and;
- Networking events and opportunities.